Dad's Old Post --

Since dad doesn't post much, I am reposting from the old blog.  I love this guy



My family,
As i look back on my life i can see the effects of the choices that I have made. Some good some bad but for the most part they have been choices that have kept my path more or less on an even keel. I have always needed to search for answers to things I don't fully understand.And in that search have come to discover that there is a force bigger than ourselves in full control and willing to fulfill our requests and desires if they are righteous. For some reason the planets aligned one day and the answers came . The church came into my life and more than that the savior made his intentions for my life apparent. I was determined to change the course of my life that my parents, though unintentional, had probably set for me. The examples that I would not want for my children. Now don't get me wrong, mom and dad had some bad habits , but they were good parents for the days we lived in . In fact it was really the way things were in those days. We weren't the Adams Family on the block or anything. Our neighbors weren't any different than us except they had more girls than us , not that I was complaining or anything. Mom and Dad were very giving people and our house was always filled with people just dropping in,which is something I miss about life today. They would come sometimes to talk about there problems and Mom and Dad would help in whatever way they could. They gave very good advice or listened intently to there friends problems. I miss those days. Things have changed now and these are dangerous times for our world, nation, community, neighborhood and family. I wanted for my children something better, something everlasting, something deep,something they could use to give their life depth and meaning. The old saying applies that if you give someone a fish you feed a person for a day .But if you give a person a fishing pole and teach him how to fish you'll feed that person for life. Your Mother and I wanted that for you ,our children, so you can be happy in your life whatever happens in the future.Whatever happens is really the key word here , your Mother and I have taught the things you need to know via the Gospel of Jesus Christ it is all you will need to succeed in this life. Teach your children correct principals and love them a whole lot. As Bryant will recognize this saying of mine "Your the captain of the ship".DAD Love you guys and your significant others too

Love,
Dad

Comments

Popular Posts