NOT a Coincidence

It's been 14 months since Skipper's program closed down in the pandemic. 14 months of daily telephone conferences with this social workers and care managers. His beloved social worker, Molly, passed away during those months and everyone had to grieve alone. It was yesterday that he told me that he is tired of it. My heart broke for him. So at night, I knelt by my bed and prayed for him and I told God all the reasons why Skipper needed an in-person program, even suggested that 1 or 2 days a weeks would be better than nothing. This morning I prayed again and while I prayed I had a feeling that maybe I could make some phone calls. First stop, our local state senator. I got on her website and wrote to her about my concerns. I was hitting the submit button when my work phone rang. It was Skipper. He said he just got off the phone with his case worker, Artie. She told him that the program was going to open up to be live in 2 weeks and his first time attending would be coming soon. She was going to arrange transportation for him! At that moment, I knew it wasn't a coincidence. It was God. Waiting for prayers to be said and waiting for faith being put into action. While God doesn't always answers prayers so immediately. He does answer them. In his way and in his timing. He truly wants to bless his children. He is very aware of my good brother and loves him. God is good. Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts