Don't Look Back

Well...I spoke on Sunday.  I was sooo nervous.  I have never been so nervous.  My knees were actually shaking.  I couldn't imagine getting up and standing on my legs.  As it turns out, dad said it was my best talk ever.  He is my biggest fan and has learned what to say. But I wanted to share with you some of my favorite parts of my talk.....

Sister Julie Beck has said that through personal revelation, weak and simple can know what to do....I don't consider us weak and simple, but I can testify that it is true....I have felt so intimidated in my responsibilities as Relief Society president but I have learned that as I can know of the right things to do and not have to ask for opinions or second guess myself. 

Next is to move forward....don't be so much in the world and attached to our bad habits.  Lot's wife was told not to look back, but she did and was turned into a pillar of salt.....It's not so much that she looked back, but she looked back longingly for what Sodom and Gomhorra had to offer her and wanted that.  She lacked hope and faith in the future and wasn't ready to move forward.  Leaving the world behind means not looking to fashion to dictate who we are, or celebrities.

I love you guys and hope and pray for the best for all of us for the New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts