Night at Temple and Cheesecake Factory

Imagine the thrill of having Bill and I and all our kids in one place!  When we come to Utah, where temples are so close, it is almost a shame not to take the time to attend one.  We picked the gorgeous Salt Lake Temple at Temple Square on a goregous June evening.  I have been doing a lot of family history.  Currently I have about 100 names that need temple ordinances.  So I made an appointment for our family to do family sealings.  Some of the sealings dated back to 1600 from the Alsace region of France.  I could only imagine the joy on the other side of the veil as these ordiances were received.

In the temple that night was Bryant's temple president.  What a thrill that was to all of us.  He came into the celestial room to meet us all.

Jess met us after we got out of the temple and after taking pictures, we all went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory.  What an amazing night as we talked about old times and hopes and dreams.  I could never have imagined I could be so happy.  I did go to sleep that night happier than I have been in a long, long time. 

Our church has a strong belief in the doctrine of the family.  I can't imagine heaven would be heaven without my family with me.  I would have joined the church for the belief in family alone. 

I know that in the temple that ordiances are performed transcend time.  Bonds are created through covenants that enable us to always be together.  There is real power in the sealing ordiances of the temple. 





Comments

Popular Posts