Stories from Relief Society

One day I am going to write about my experience as a foster mom. I talk about it from time to time. It was a time in my life when I was truly aware that God LOVED me. He saw me and knew me. Not only that, but he was keenly aware of these sweet babies that were in our home. Heaven was here.

Today in Relief Society, the room was full.  We have so many new sisters in our ward.  A lot of young families who are residents at nearby hospitals.  So many good people.  I truly feel like an old-timer.  But a stylish old-timer!  ha!

Jody Caffaro gave the lesson from a talk from April 2021 General Conference.  It was about the journey of a child of God.  A brand new convert named Nancy sat by me.  She was baptized 2 weeks in Virginia but now is living here.  She has a very strong testimony.  

I had an opportunity to touch upon my experience as a foster mother.  I didn't go into the depths of it all because I would have cried and I just cried last week!  Sister Berardi told a story about being at a baby shower and everyone was sharing their birth experiences.  She was telling hers.  1st, 2nd, and 3rd babies, but couldn't remember her 4th birth experience.  That is when her daughter leaned over and said to her, "Mom, Roberta is adopted."  It was such a sweet experience of a mother's love!  There is no difference in how these children came into your family.

Sister Witman told a story of adopting her two girls from China.  When they went to get Spring, Spring was 9 years old and according to the law in China, Spring was able to make the decision on whether or not she wanted to be adopted.  The Witman's were riding on a bus with Spring and the director of the adoption agency.  The director got off the bus at one stop.  Immediately Spring called for the bus to be stop.  She got off the bus and followed the director when Sister Witman called out to her in English, "We have the Gospel."  Spring, who only knew Chinese, then got back onto the bus and came to America as the Witman's daughter.  If you know Spring, you know how intelligent she is. She bore a testimony as a young girl about how Heavenly Father answered her prayers in giving her a family.  This August she leaves for BYU.



Comments

Popular Posts