Labor for Your Neighbor Day

So dad did an awesome job.....the project at the mobile home park went really well.  About 60 volunteers went to help.  It was well organized and much appreciated.  Dad said the Church picks up all the expenses of the clean-up including dumpsters, insulation removal, etc.  Really quite impressive how organized the Church welfare system is.  I am really proud of dad.  Not only for what he did, but because he never complains or gets tired of helping others.

I spent the day with Aunt Vicki in White Plains.  My first thought was to go and plant flowers at the cemetary for my mom, dad and grandparents and stop to see Aunt Vicki, but when I got there, she had the day planned for us.  We had fun.  We had really good talks.  I really needed a day to have a "mom for a day."  I needed good advice and encouragement.  I needed her wisdom, caring and sense of humor.  Love you Aunt Vicki!!


Comments

Popular Posts