Never Ceases to Amaze

Uncle or dad??? Both.

First uncles old job coach called me to give me her condolences. She heard uncle was dead. I hear you laughing. It is funny. She was embarrassed. I told uncle. He said that it was probably Charles from Goodwill spreading rumors about him. Some rumor. I asked how he knew it was Charles and he said because one day Charles got in the cab with him and said "oh you're not dead." Can't make this stuff up

To end the day I went home teaching with dad to a single mom with older teens and young single kids. The father committed suicide. Sad. Anyway it was day's first time there and he wanted me along. He gave the message and reminded us all to pray just to say thank you and not ask for a single thing some times. Not an easy thing to do. Then he told an astonishing story from growing up. One that I hadn't heard in these 35 years together. What he told was AMAZING. I will have him tell you when we are together for the holidays.

Never ceases to amaze me.

Comments

Popular Posts