End of Summer


L
Ok - I'll admit it - I'm not a fan of summer.  Maybe because I hate bugs.  Maybe it's the humidity.  love to be cold.  I don't know what it is.  I love autumn, when it gets dark early and there is a chill in the air.  I love to come home and see my house lights on.  I love a fire in the fireplace.  I'm all about the Fall.

Piper's First Father's Blessing
So, I know all the grandkids are starting back to school today.  Little Piper will start pre-school.  Logan and Will are starting 5th grade, Zoey will be in 3rd, Logan will be in 2nd, and Charly is starting 7th.  Oh my gosh, it is overwhelming that these little people are growing up.  I truly miss them. I have so much fun talking to Piper on Facetime and texting with girl Logan.  Technology is a good thing.  Not as good as a real hug, but good enough.   Facetime grandma, Facetime grandma.

Jess and Charly are adjusting to life here in NY.  It's hard to move in the summer and have to wait to make friends.  And it's been a terribly humid summer, so poor Jess, has had to deal with that.  But we are at the home stretch.  I know they miss Utah and the life they had there.  They especially miss their family there.  I am praying that the heavens will one day place us all together in the near future.

Lindsey put together a beautiful shower for Jess.  How lucky is that to have so many people love you, here and in Utah.  I know she feels so lucky for the outpouring of love.  Now she has all that she needs for this new baby girl to arrive.

 











One of the highlights of this month was the baptism of a friend, Stephanie.  She has always been interested in the Church, but because of respect for her husband, she didn't get baptized.  Recently, her husband supported her desire to be baptized.  It has been wonderful to get to know Juan and the girls better.  I had the opportunity to speak at her baptism and I feel so lucky for that.  They truly live in the beautiful home in the country and invited a few families over for Sunday dinner.  It was fantastic for everyone.  New friends and old friends!

In September I'll turn 60.  Here are some of my goals that I want to complete for then:
  • Lose 5 pounds (that's always my goal)
  • Learn a hymn on the piano that I can play and people can actually sing with
  • Keep up with my blog
  • Daily exercise 
  • Take someone people to lunch that I don't know well

As the night was a bit cooler recently, I can't help but count my blessings. 

Comments

Popular Posts